Monday, January 5, 2015

Make-down Monday: Micellar Cleansing Towelettes


Just when I thought I couldn't love Trader Joe's any more, I find these fabulous makeup removing towelettes.  I know that this type of product is a dime a dozen, but I wanted to put together a comprehensive review about why these should be a staple in your daily beauty routine.

I must confess that one of my guilty pleasures is going to bed with my makeup on, but now that I found these it's almost too easy to not use.  Bedtime routines can be as important to adults as they are to young children.  Going through a familiar routine at night helps your mind begin to wind down and prepare for a good night's sleep.  My routine usually includes some hot tea (Tazo Passion Tea is my favorite) or a glass of wine.  I then use my Micellar makeup removing wipes, take my eye makeup off with the avon remover, rinse my face with water, moisturize, brush my teeth, and go to bed.  

In order to add consistency to my Make-down Monday reviews I came up with a template of key points to make sure I am as thorough as possible.

Main Purpose of the Product: To take off makeup and cleanse your skin with the convenience of a disposable towelette.

Price Point: Just under $4 (can't be beat!)

Key Ingredients: Water is the first ingredient and beyond that is mostly all natural plant extracts.  Like most Trader Joe's products, these are made as environmentally friendly and all natural as possible.  I personally don't have super sensitive skin, but this product claims to be good for sensitive skin as well.

5 Senses Description: The smell of these is one of my favorite things about them.  It is a perfectly soft feminine smell that is also crisp enough to smell clean and fresh.  The towelettes themselves are a good size and sturdy enough to not tear while making sure your face is clean and also soft enough to not irritate your skin.  My skin feels somewhat sticky sometimes after using these, but a simple rinse with water and pat dry with a clean towel leaves my skin feeling soft and clean. The package is made of flexible plastic so it is easy to store in a bathroom drawer or travel in a suitcase, if need be. I love the feminine, almost french inspired look of the packaging. I'm definitely a sucker for pretty packaging! These wipes say to make sure they stay out of your eyes.  I've read a few other reviews that say people take off eye makeup with them, but my eyes are typically sensitive so I just stick to my usual Avon eye makeup remover to be safe.



Best attribute: I have found so many other wipes with the sticky top that end up drying out and these don't.  The fact I can use a whole pack of these and they feel the same as the day I opened them is the best attribute to me.  I think it has to do with the fact that the hole in the bag is smaller which I would imagine keeps the moisture in easier.



Drawbacks: I would say the only drawback about this product is the sometimes sticky feeling it can leave behind, but it can be so easily remedied with a quick splash of water - the good definitely outweighs this small drawback! 

Unfortunately, you cannot buy this product online but these are always in stock at my local Trader Joe's store.  Don't hesitate to leave me a comment and let me know what y'all think!

No comments:

Post a Comment