Thursday, August 21, 2014

playing with patterns










Midi Skirt: Matty M (on sale) // Crop Top: Fiore Boutique (similar) // Heels: Giani Bini (similar, craving) // Clutch: Tory Burch // Earrings: Tory Burch - old (similar) // Watch: MK // Bracelet: Stella & Dot // 

I found this gorgeous midi skirt at tjmaxx and couldn't wait to style it.  My first inclination was to find a solid top, and then I had a revelation.  I realized that lately my favorite looks I've seen on blogs I follow and pinned are styled with mixed patterns. I decided it was the perfect opportunity to give this a try myself.  I absolutely love this crop top and wore it previously with solid shorts (click here to see that post).  I love the mixture of the fun geometric pattern paired with the flowy romantic style of the top. Its definitely different, but who wants to be plain and mainstream anyways!?! Next time you wear a fun bold pattern, try throwing in another bold print in the mix!
I also have to confess that as much as I wish my hair magically grew and thickened beautifully overnight since my last post, I have a new favorite beauty product in my life ... hair extensions.  All the credit for these gorgeous extensions goes to Kelly Moore, my hair dresser and practical family member! She did my hair for the first time when I was getting ready for my 8th grade dance and she hasn't missed a big event in my life since! She deserves all the credit for my good hair days, especially now that she made me these gorgeous extensions!  They easily clip in my hair when I want a more glamorous full look, and won't damage my hair when I just want to go with a natural look.  If you live in or around Greenville and are looking for a hair dresser, it doesn't get better than Kelly at Innovations Salon!

Happy shopping y'all!
-Kirby

1 comment: